JFK Medical Center
JFK Medical Center has evolved into a 472-bed acute care medical/surgical facility and healthcare complex specializing in cardiovascular care, neuroscience, oncology services, orthopedics and bariatrics as well as Women's Services. JFK Medical Center is also a teaching facility for medical residents. Our level of service and team of professionals rank among the best in the nation. Our people possess the perfect combination of professionalism and compassion. Our overall mission is to enrich the lives of our patients by providing care that never quits. Our determination shows through in everything we do from hiring the best, most qualified people, to creating a dynamic work place where ongoing educational opportunities are a top priority. What makes us special...
The City of Atlantis is located near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Close to the Beach, Trendy Restaurants and Shopping Malls. There's a little something for everybody.
On site benefits for JFK Medical Center include Child Care (6 weeks to pre K), JFK Charter School (K -5), car detailing, car repair, ship-a-weigh program - shipping packages anywhere in the US from our loading dock for 40% off, gym with personal trainer FREE, and much more!
JFK Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Position Summary:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS,
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.