Registered Nurse / RN Inpatient Rehabilitation / Rehab Work Schedule: PRN
Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on nursing process / outcomes for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit. Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served. Promotes customer service initiatives along with the Hospital values and standards. Documents all patient care. Utilizes Nursing Process for individual care to meet needs of patients. Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures. Promotes compliance with National Patient Safety Goals.
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidenced by documentation, observation and competencies. Includes, but not limited to (2) patient identifiers (name and account number), hand off communication.
- Comprehensive assessment completed within 24 hours of admission and each shift as needed by patient condition.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care; records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Provides education, emotional support and age specific care to foster a partnership with patient and/or support person(s).
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient's physiological and behavioral status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within one hour of intervention.
- Other duties not listed.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted and required.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- CRRN is preferred.
- Direct inpatient rehab experience; one year or more preferred, involving extensive knowledge of rehab/criteria.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills.
- Excellent organization/time management
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom