At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care-through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital-as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The RN will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluate patient's signs and symptoms; and record and report results.
- Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
- It is expected that the RN will attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
- The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy. Patient Safety
- The Registered Nurse demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from an accredited nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying (preferred)
- Full Time
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom