Largo Medical Center is looking for dedicated, compassionate Registered Nurses to add to their skilled team of patient-focused professionals. The right person will want to become an integral part of this dynamic teaching institution built upon the foundation of creating the culture of compassion and commitment one person at a time. We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now!
The RN is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
Largo Medical Center utilizes complete computerized charting (Meditech) for patient assessment and care documentation, and eMAR to electronically record medication administration for the delivery of all medications provided to their patients. Computerized self-scheduling is available. Full-time is considered 36 hours per week, consisting of 3 x 12-hour shifts, including every other weekend.
Largo Medical Center is a statutory teaching hospital with 12 residency programs. It consists of three campuses which offer one of the most comprehensive complements of services for patients in the Tampa Bay. Conveniently located in Largo, Florida - south of Clearwater and north of St. Petersburg. The location makes for a perfect coastal lifestyle!Qualifications: Education
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license.
- Current BLS Certification from the American Heart Association
- 1 year previous experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom