Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgica, 5th fl. Schedule: 7p-7a (rotating weekends)
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH)
, an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
Rio Grande Regional Hospital
- 24-hour emergency room
- Off-site Emergency Department
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical/Surgical. Responsibilities:
- Collects and analyzes data in order to identify expected outcomes for the medical/surgical patients
- Developing and prioritizes the plan of care to attain measurable goals
- Implements the interventions identified and evaluates the results, especially in relation to Medical/Surgical and chemo/bariatric patients (whichever applies).
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates learning and documents patient/family education
- Demonstrates critical thought and judgment in the delivery of care related to medical/surgical patients
- Manages acute and chronic pain on all patients, but especially post procedure or surgical patients to assist in alleviating suffering and improving healing
- Delivers medications based upon continual assessment, safety and evaluation of patient response
- Evaluates and enhances own nursing practice in relation to professional nursing standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current licensure by the State of Texas
- Current CPR certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom