Registered Nurse / RN Department: Neuroscience / Neuro / Med Surg Work Schedule: PRN (As Needed/Varies)
Delivers professional nursing care to all patient populations in the Neuro Unit. Performs acuity assignment; follows standard of care utilizing Nursing Process in delivery of care; maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions.
- Evidence of basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process.
- Demonstrate some knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to perform within the guidelines of the disease specific care of patient that are but not limited to: neuroscience, oncology, orthopedic and cardiology disorders.
- Prepare plan of care with the assistance of hospital/department policies and licensure practice act.
- Assesses patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care; apply scientific and technical knowledge; use a variety of equipment and makes decisions utilizing basic critical thinking skills.
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse. Compact license is accepted.
- Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit.
- Current CPR.
- ACLS required if it is required of other RNs on the assigned unit. Otherwise, ACLS preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in specialty area of unit.
- Basic computer knowledge.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom