Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women's and children's services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community's healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation. We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more.... Registered Nurse RN for Newborn Nursery Full Time Nights 12 hour shifts 7pm-7am Job Description:
The Nursery Registered Nurse (RN) performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
Qualifications: Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Plan, implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of the individual patient
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care
- Promote an environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture
- Maintain quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult,and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Proactively advocate for patients and consistently educate patients/families throughout the continuum of care.
- Delegate task to the appropriate level of staff
- Provide supervision of new employees, vocational nurses, nurse assistants, student nurses, nurse externs/interns
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing. High School graduate or GED required.
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
- Nursery experience highly preferred.
- NRP required but may take course within the first three months of employment.
- Current BLS is required.
- Must support family centered maternity care. Is a team player, maintains a positive attitude and is professional in demeanor and appearance.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom