Registered Nurse - NICU
Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description:
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We are dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we are looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 228-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
Our facility features a state of the art Cardiovascular Tower, an expanded Emergency Room and newly added Level III NICU to provide comprehensive services to the community we serve and increased professional growth opportunity for our employees.
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
- Develops and implements an interdisciplinary age-specific patient Plan of Care utilizing and integrating all available, relevant patient data in accordance with the Neonatal Standards of Care and Practice.
- Interprets data to determine changes in the neonate's status and initiates appropriate nursing measures, including notification of the physician.
- Documents pertinent nursing notes, including patient diagnosis, at least once per shift, change in condition, transfer and discharge
- Supports the breast feeding family by assisting mother with feeding and assessing breast feeding techniques.
- Assesses and documents neonate's response to critical care drugs (dopamine, survanta, etc.)
- Provides lactation education and support to mother.
- Associates degree in Science in Nursing, Bachelors preferred.
- Florida RN License required
- CPR/BLS required
- NRP required
- STABLE within 180 days of hire
- One year of NICU RN Experience
SIGN ON BONUS RELOCATION AVAILABLE
New Grads Please apply : http://hcaeastflorida.com/careers/starn-program.dot