$5000 Sign on Bonus for Experienced Registered Nurses and Relocation Assistance Available. APPLY TODAY! The Top 3 Reason's Employees love working on this Unit: Team work!!
The culture that surrounds us on Med/Tele is not only one of great patient care, but the feeling of true support by those who work beside you. The Culture!
Menorah Medical Center has a "10/5" rule. (If someone is within 10 feet of you, acknowledge them. If they are within 5 feet of you, greet them) Menorah Medical Center has a true neighborhood feel.
We are big enough so you can learn something new every day and small enough to get to know everyone around you. Thinking of relocating to Kansas City (Relocation Assistance Provided) Learn about living in one America's Coolest Cities . Learn more about living in KC . http://www.thinkkc.com/with/HCAMidwest More About Menorah Medical Center's Medical Telemetry Unit
We are a 53 bed unit, with a 6 bed PCU included in that count. Med/Tele is the largest unit in the hospital and has the only monitored beds, other than the ICU. We have a wide variety of patients that need telemetry monitoring while we are healing their other alignments. We are a Chest Pain Certified Center as well as a Stroke Center so we take the majority of those patients on our unit. We require ACLS within the first 6 months and offer a wide variety of other educational opportunities including Basic Dysrhythmia and Intro to Critical Care. We have an incredible orientation program which includes hospital orientation and nursing orientation with our education department during the first two weeks, then a 6-12 week orientation with a preceptor on the floor. Orientation length depends on experience and is monitored bi-weekly with our Lead Preceptor to determine the amount needed. We are very flexible with orientation and want to make sure our new team members are comfortable and confident before hitting the floor alone . Roles & Responsibilities:
- The role of the Registered Nurse is to perform patient care under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director.
- The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of Menorah Medical Center.
- The Registered Nurse provides care for the adolescent patient 12-16 years of age, adult patients between 17 to 60 years; and geriatric patients 60 years and older.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with either an ADN or BSN degree.
- Must hold a current license from the Kansas of Nursing.
- BLS required at hire and ACLS and NIH required within six months of hire.
- Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred.
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred.