HCA - Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is searching for an experienced CVOR Registered Nurse (RN) to join Award-Winning Hospital on the Beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida. Part time Days
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
The Heart Center at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center has been recognized by HealthGrades, the leading independent healthcare ratings organization, in its twelfth annual Hospital Quality in America study. The Heart Center received HealthGrades' Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award, ranking it in the top 10% in the nation in cardiac surgery. HealthGrades annual study assesses patient outcomes, mortality, and complication rates at virtually all of the nation's nearly 5,000 non-federal hospitals. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS required at the time of hire
- CNOR preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 1 year previous acute care or perioperative experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course preferred.
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.