Shift: Full-Time, WEEKEND Days
The Staff RN assigned to the Operating Room:
1. Cares for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
2. Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
3. Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Operating Room Area and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
4. Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
5. Circulates or scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases.
6. Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
7. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's care needs.
8. Works with professional and nonprofessional employees of the hospital, with physicians, patients and their families.
9. Works closely with nursing students and instructors.
10. Actively participated in departmental and house wide performance improvement activities.
11. Participates in Core Measures initiative and assists in data collection as directed by Management.Qualifications:
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- One years' experience scrubbing/circulating OR Cases required.
- Current BLS certification.
- CNOR/ACLS preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom