Registered Nurse / RN Dept: Operating Room / OR /Surgical Services Work Schedule: FT Evenings Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions. Position Summary and Job Responsibilities:
Delivers professional nursing care to all patients in an O.R. setting; performs assessment of patients, follows standard of care utilizing nursing process for care delivery; maintains accountability for professional decisions & actions; assumes charge position as needed.
Qualifications: Job Qualifications:
- Responsible for delivery of professional nursing care for assigned patients;
- Performs nursing assessment, diagnosis/care plan, implementation of treatment/evaluation of treatment for all assigned patients;
- Administers treatments/medications/procedures within scope of practice;
- Participates in coordination of care with OR Management staff, physicians, department professional and ancillary staff & services.
- Responsible for delegation of duties to technical support staff maintaining accountability of delegation.
- Assesses staff capabilities, patient acuity, and schedule needs in order to make assignments, coordinates staffing resources to facilitate schedule flow; facilitates good working relationships of staff, physicians and other health team member
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
- Current CPR - healthcare provider, issued by American Heart Association,
- ACLS preferred.
- CNOR preferred.
- Recent experience in Operating Room Nursing of at least 1 year.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom