Lake City Medical Center (LCMC) has been providing quality healthcare to Lake City and the surrounding communities for almost 60 years. We are a 67-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care , heart care , orthopedics , cancer care , imaging and rehabilitation services. LCMC is the area's ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and have been named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years.
The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Must have prior hospital recovery experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
To learn more about the facility, please visit our website at http://lakecitymedical.com/
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Tobacco Free Campus.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom