Registered Nurse (RN) PACU PRN
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: The post anesthesia care unit consists of sixteen monitoring stations and pre-op holding area. This unit provides care to adult and pediatric patients prior to surgery and those who have received anesthesia, including: local with sedation, regional, general, or spinal. Our services include airway management, assessment, invasive/non-invasive monitoring, control of pain, control of nausea and/or vomiting, medication administration, axillary blocks and assistance with epidural catheter insertion. The PACU also assists the anesthesia department with pain management and referrals (trigger point injections, epidural steroid injections). PACU staff also assists anesthesiologists and cardiologists with planned cardioversions.
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
• Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
• BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
• ACLS required
• PALS required
• ASPAN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Acute care experience preferred
• Critical Care or PACU experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
• Knowledge of body substance isolation
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Basic computer skills