, the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders through our Reflections Eating Disorders Treatment Center
When round-the-clock monitoring is needed, our inpatient program offers 24-hour nursing care and full psychiatric services in a safe and structured environment. Medical supervision by highly qualified mental health professionals means you receive appropriate individual assessment, intervention, education, supportive therapies and discharge planning.
- Coordination of care with physician.
- Actively collaborates with other units and program staff, physicians and members of other department to facilitate provision of optimal patient care.
- Provide patient education while administering medication.
- Practice safe medication administration consistent scanning of patient and medications.
- Scan all medications and patients using eMar.
- Follow facility established guidelines for reconciliation of medications on admission, during transfer and at discharge
- Assign and conduct appropriate individual and group interventions within the milieu for behavioral and safe management of patients.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries.
- Demonstrate least restrictive interventions appropriately
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program
- Licensure: Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or compact state.
- Certifications: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers required and Crisis Prevention Institute required as a part of the general hospital orientation.
- One year experience in psychiatric nursing preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom