Registered Nurse / RN
Post Partum / OB
Work Schedule: Part Time Nights Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions. Position Summary and Job Responsibilities:
The Postpartum RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Provides post-anesthesia recovery care for the patient.
- Assesses and fosters patient-infant bonding.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
MCA is a 340 bed, acute care hospital located in South Arlington. MCA is accredited by The Joint Commission and is designated as the Official Hospital of the Texas Rangers. Representing more than 40 areas of specialized care, MCA provides a complete lineup of award-winning healthcare services.
Qualifications: Job Qualifications
- Over 4,300 deliveries each year in the dedicated women's tower.
- Newly renovated 29-bed antepartum and gynecologic surgery unit.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with 24/7 Neonatologists.
- Fetal Diagnostic Center - OB Emergency Department.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Program.
- Childbirth Education Classes.
- Lactation Consultants.
- Gynecologic Robotic Surgery.
- Current Texas licensure as an RN. Compact license is accepted.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP by the American Heart Association.
- One Year of previous nursing experience in Post Partum.
- Additional experience in area of specialty preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Strongly prefer basic computer skills to process order entry and retrieve data
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom