Registered Nurse Practitioner
Monsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Our Soda Springs, Idaho plant, a leading producer of elemental phosphorus, is seeking a qualified, highly-motivated individual for a Registered Nurse Practitioner position. In this exciting and challenging role, this individual will provide nursing support in a manufacturing plant for our occupational health programs.
Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Monsanto also provides employees with competitive wages and a complete package of benefits including: a 401(k) plan, medical and life insurance, dental and vision insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, adoption assistance, parental leave and other work/life resources.
This position is critical for supporting the occupational health services needed at the site; as well as supporting management in its overall goals for freedom to operate and Monsanto's reputation. This candidate executes on clinical and managerial aspects of key Occupational Medicine (OM) programs to management, influences employees and management in health aspects of other Environmental, Safety & Health (ESH) programs (e.g., off-the-job safety efforts) and engages in related community outreach. In addition, the candidate will support and collaborate with the North America (NA) OM team to share best practices, to identify areas for improvement and to support the NA OM Lead in overall execution of OM needs in NA.
A key challenge for this position will be to balance clinical with administrative tasks to meet employee and site needs while protecting Monsanto's reputation and compliance with internal policies, requirements and regulations. Responsibilities:
- Ensure all applicable Occupational Medicine (OM) programs are implemented and their ongoing execution is verified for compliance with OSHA, DOT, ADA and Monsanto requirements:
- Medical surveillance: appropriate inclusion of at-risk workers; timely examinations; quality review of any outside medical examination results with follow-up of recommendations / re-evaluations; communication to site contacts and tracking of activity and outcome metrics
- Manage fitness for duty assessment programs which includes assessments (preplacement, periodic, return to work, ad hoc fitness for duty exams, substance abuse policy compliance), outcomes and follow-ups in coordination with HR Benefits, risk management (if applicable) and our short-term disability vendor in compliance with HR policies
- Medical emergency response and first aid response (including bloodborne pathogen and contagious disease exposure prevention): In collaboration with the site emergency response team, shall assure that the plan is up-to-date and reflects Monsanto expectations for on site medical emergency response. resources are in place and kept up-to-date; expectations for first aid emergency and non-emergency response is clearly defined (AED, Epi-pens, OTC meds, standard operating procedures), and all possible work-related injuries are communicated and co-managed with risk management, HR & ESH
- Ensure timely workers' education about relevant OM issues
- Injury assessment, treatment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures agreed upon with NA OM Lead and collaborative local medical provider, referral, documentation, notification and management of worker abilities
- Collaborative working relationship with external (Occupational) health care providers is key to meeting business goals and ESH OM expectations; in addition, the quality of their output and their compliance with existing regulations and Monsanto expectations is assessed on a regular basis; red flags are addressed in conjunction with NA OM Lead
- Provide technical knowledge, expertise and consultative support to the site in management of issues related to ergonomics, industrial hygiene, injury investigation, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) management, wellness efforts (in collaboration with NA wellness lead), influenza vaccination campaign and other ESH programs
- Management (on-boarding, training, supervision) of additional Nursing / EMT support, as needed
- Adhere to all medico-legal aspects of confidentiality, medical records management and professional ethics
- Adhere to documentation, reporting, communication and data management expectations (e.g., clinic/first aid utilization, outcome metrics)
- M.S. Nursing degree with Registered Nurse Practitioner licensing
- Experience in clinical Occupational Medicine (min 3 year) and/or experience in other corporations (min 3 years)
- License to practice in the USA and in good standing with State Nursing Associations
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- CPR and first aid training
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills
- Certification as an Occupational Health Nurse Specialist
- Experience in workers' compensation and OM program management at sites
- Auditing experience
- Case management
- CPR trained and emergency response development and implementation
- Certified by NIOSH respirator examinations; CAOHC certified
- Certified in ergonomics
- Certified in a wellness field
Monsanto is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.