Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community. Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Surgical Intensive Care Unit, SICU, Medical Intensive Care Unit, MICU, Intensive Treatment Unit, ITU, Medical Crisis Unit, MCU, Triage Room RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the ICU and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue situations and implements life-saving measures per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets ECG rhythm strips and evaluates 12-lead ECG's.
- Monitors and titrates IV vasoactive, antiarrhythmic and other special drugs.
- Assists with insertion of arterial lines, pulmonary artery catheters and IABP.
- Monitors invasive pressures such as those above.
- Draws blood from arterial, CVP and other invasive lines.
- Assesses critically ill patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Accompanies and monitors patients going to other department for tests/procedures.
- May accompany patients in transport during interfacility transfers.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit as needed
We offer a generous compensation package including:
- Prefer one (1) year of current ICU experience or 2 years Med/Surg experience required.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as an RN.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- ACLS certification required.
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs. Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!