Tomball Regional Medical Center - Tomball, Texas Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center. Tomball Regional Medical Cente
r is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery
- Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and/or Nurse Manager, responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient care.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient's health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
: Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, DirectorQualifications: Job Requirements: Education required and/or preferred: REQUIRED:
Associates or BSN. Licensure/Certification REQUIRED:
Current RN license in Texas, BCLS certified, Medication Learning Module PREFERRED:
ACLS, Certification in specialty area Experience required or preferred: PREFERRED:
Unit specific clinical experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom