Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, TX PRN Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical Intermediate/Orthopedic Shift: (rotating weekends) Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community. Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
is looking for a PRN Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical Intermediate/Orthopedic. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Surgical Intermediate/ General Surgery Units and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue and implements life-saving measures,.
- Monitors special drugs.
- Assesses patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Assists physician with procedures, as needed.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patient with telemetry monitoring.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere.
- Draws blood from venous lines.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
- Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area.
- Minimum of 2 years current/recent Med/Surg and/or Orthopedic experience required.
- Current licensure with Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom