The Progressive Care Unit is a 6 bed unit that provides intermediate level inpatient care to adult and geriatric patients. All beds have telemetry capabilities and patients are monitored unless otherwise ordered by the MD. Mechanisms are in place to monitor patients in transport and during procedures in ancillary departments. One negative pressure room is available for those patients whose condition requires respiratory isolation. PCU is designed for patients who do not require the level of monitoring provided in the critical care units, but require a higher level of monitoring than provided on the medical-surgical units. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider
- ACLS - required within 30 days of hire
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of universal precautions
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
- Basic arrhythmia test recognition - have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 88% passing score
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom