The Antenatal Registered Nurse
The Antenatal RN provides direct patient care to antepartum patients in a family-centered approach, in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization, as well as guidelines of professional organizations.
The Antenatal RN oversees and directs the care of high-risk and critical-care pregnant women and their families. The Antenatal RN is responsible for the care of high-risk, critical-care pregnant patients and their families in the antepartum and/or postpartum period. Provides care to high-risk, and critical-care pregnant women and their families.
The Antenatal RN serves as the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
The Antenatal RN oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
When the need arises, the employee will perform other duties within the scope of practice as assigned by his or her supervisor . The Top Reasons Employees love working on this unit:
Thinking of relocating to the Lafayette, La area? Why not?! Check out why Lafayette, La was named the best city in America!
- Great Teamwork
- Great Leadership
- Always new experiences on this unit
http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/louisiana/best-city-in-america-la/ About Women's & Children's Hospital
We don't just deliver babies.... We Deliver Dreams. Women's and Children's Hospital is Acadiana's premier birthing center, one of the largest in the state. Women's & Children's Hospital has been providing specialized healthcare services for women and children for over 30 years. Since its humble beginnings as a birthing hospital, it has since grown to become one of the state's leading healthcare institutions dedicated exclusively to the care of women and children. Because of the specialized team of medical professionals, advanced equipment and facilities, Women's & Children's Hospital has become a healthcare referral center for other hospitals and healthcare professionals throughout the Acadiana area. The hospital's multidisciplinary approach ensures that all of its patients receive the best and most thorough care possible
Come join our team and discover why we are the hospital others in the area turn to when moms, babies and children need us most. When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice. Benefits for Full Time Employees include:
Qualifications: Antenatal RN Requirements:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- And more!
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana RN license. A Perinatal Certification by any nationally recognized certification organization is recommended.
- Education: Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
- Experience: At least one year of nursing experience in maternal/child or critical care preferred.
- Special Qualifications
CPR through AHA upon hire
NRP within 6 months from date of hire
ACLS within 6 months from date of hire
Fetal Heart Monitoring Education
• Completion of the designated introductory fetal heart monitoring program within 1 month post hire.
• Completion of the designated intermediate fetal heart monitoring education program by 6 months of hire for an RN with previous fetal heart monitoring experience and by one (1) year of hire of an RN with no fetal heart monitoring experience into a labor & delivery role.
• Completion of the designated advanced fetal heart monitoring education program every two (2) years after completion of the designated intermediate fetal heart monitoring course.
HCA on-line Postpartum Hemorrhage Course within 3 months post hire
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom