Registered Nurse (RN) C.A.R.E. Float Pool 4 - PRN
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posted: December 08, 2017
Reference ID: 03174-65192
Registered Nurse (RN) C.A.R.E. Float Pool
Leading hospitals. Trusted care.
HealthONE ® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees. As part of the HealthONE family, The Medical Center of Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital work together to provide a higher level of care.
In addition, our family of services includes six hospital free-standing emergency departments and numerous ambulatory surgery centers, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region.
HealthOne is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - C.A.R.E. Float Pool
Essential Job Functions:
1. Identifies and individualizes patient goals. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care (POC) consistent with the patient's status, and then formulates, individualizes, and modifies patient plan of care.
2. Completes assessments of patient's/significant others' response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms and emotional needs, and incorporates family/significant other into plan of care and reflects the plan of care is individualized for each patient.
3. Identifies and completes assessments of patient/significant other educational needs. Develops and helps implement teaching plan. Provides education consistent with patient's level of understanding using existing resources for patient/significant others.
4. Administers medications and treatments safely. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences. Analyzes and identifies precipitating factors.
5. Recognizes and responds to crisis situations. Notifies appropriate individuals of actual or impending crisis.
6. Reports and documents patient's symptoms, responses, and progress. Interventions are appropriate to patient's symptoms, responses, and progress.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of HealthONE and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping the HealthONE facilities and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the HealthONE Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Equipment and systems utilized: Meditech, PC, Common Office Equipment, Patient equipment appropriate to area/unit.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
Tier III RN's are required to have a current Colorado Registered Nurse License, current Basic Life Support (BLS) required at time of hire.
Tier IV RN's are required to have a current Colorado Registered Nurse License, and the following certifications are required at time of hire based on the area of specialty.
Critical Care (ICU): Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification, Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required at time of hire.
Emergency Room (ER): Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification, Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) and Emergency Nurse Pediatric Curriculum (ENPC) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required at time of hire.
Perioperative (OR, PACU): Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required at time of hire.
Procedural areas (Cath lab, Interventional Radiology, GI Lab): Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification required at time of hire.
Women's Services (Labor & Delivery/LDR and Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU)): Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Post-resuscitation/Pre-transport Stabilization Care of Sick Infants (STABLE) required at time of hire.
Graduate of a certified School of Nursing. BSN strongly preferred.
Minimum of at least two years of RN experience for Tier III RN's and a minimum of 2 years of specialty experience for Tier IV RN's.
Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Values & Standards of Nursing Practice.. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.