Medical City North Hills Registered Nurse - RN Cardiac Cath Lab Full-time - FT Days Medical City North Hills
is an award-winning acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County, located near the corner of NE Loop 820 and Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Our mission is above all else, to serve, to care for, and to assist in the healing of our patients and their families.
The Cardiac Cath Lab RN
is responsible for the general nursing activities in the Cardiac Cath Lab, providing quality patient care. The RN is expected to assist with the planning and presentation of departmental inservices and to cross train in areas outside the normal nursing responsibilities.
- Delivers direct patient care according to established standards.
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient on arrival and communicates findings to health team members.
- Communicates assessment data in orderly fashion by verbalizing pertinent information to health team members.
- Documents accurately, legibly and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates understanding of pertinent diagnostic test results and initiates appropriate actions as needed.
- Interprets ECG rhythm and notifies physician of any changes not already noted.
- Identifies and reports abnormal lab values.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operation of cath lab equipment.
- Documents all records according to established standards.
- Maintains records requiring complete documentation to include cath lab records, charge sheets, lab sheets, QA sheet and where applicable, incident reports for each patient.
- Employee is accountable for patient safety, as applicable to their job, for performance improvement related to Leapfrog initiative and National Quality Forum safe practices.
- ADN required; BSN preferred;
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current licensure as a registered nurse. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
- CPR and ACLS certified.
- I.A.B.P. experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year ICU, CCU or Cardiac Cath Lab experience.
- Current knowledge of ECG monitoring.
- Clinically proficient in cath lab procedures demonstrating a knowledge of the developmental needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom