GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The staff nurse provides direct patient care to adult through geriatric patient populations. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical and pre-operative environment. Communicates with the physician continuously and as needed about patient condition. Assists with the maintenance of equipment and inventory. Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness. Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Cardiac Cath Laboratory team are met. Monitors, positions and assists patient during procedure. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
For more information about becoming a part of our premier team, apply today.
When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice. Benefits for Full Time Employees include:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- And more!
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Graduate of a Nursing Program from an accredited school
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of hire
- ACLS to be completed within 180 days of hire
- Responsible for admitting, recovering and discharging of patients from the Cardiac Cath Laboratory. Provides follow-up.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other health team members as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes adult and geriatric patient populations. This includes post-procedure assessments.
- Appropriately assess and reassess the patients' pain. Utilizes pain management techniques using age appropriate interventions. Involves the patient in effective management of the pain.