We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Cardiac Catheterization/Electrophysiology Lab Pre/Post at Chippenham Hospital.
As one of the largest facilities in HCA, the nation's largest hospital system, Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Cardiac Cath/Electrophysiology (EP) Lab at Chippenham offers the highest end technology for patients with cardiovascular disease. Chippenham Hospital has six (6) Cath Labs and we see an average of over 4,000 patients per year. The Pre/Post area prepares these patients for their procedures and recovers them afterwards.
The Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Cath/EP Lab Pre/Post is:
- Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
- Functions as a Registered Nurse by role-modeling professional behavior.
- Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
- Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Participates and understands Quality Management activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Promotes cost effective unit operations.
- Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
- Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
- Restocks supplies and cleans work area.
Required - Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
Required - Current licensure or eligibility for licensure as a RN in the State of Virginia
Required - Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
Required - Current ACLS certification (or if not certified, must obtain certification within 90 days of hire) EXPERIENCE:
Required - Two years of Telemetry experience and successful completion of critical care training.
Preferred - Two years of critical care nursing experience (CCU/ICU, Emergency Department)