Conroe Regional Medical Center, Conroe, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab). Conroe Regional Medical Center,
where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have been meeting the healthcare needs of the Montgomery County region for more than 75 years.
As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals rely on us when a higher level of care is necessary. We have 342 beds, 1,200 employees, more than 400 physicians on staff, and the resources of the largest healthcare provider in the nation - HCA.
Conroe Regional Medical Center has achieved recognition as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and designation as a Level III Trauma facility. CRMC also has a Level III Neonatal ICU for the most vulnerable patients. Conroe Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab). RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Cardiovascular Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the CV Nursing competency skills list.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for direction of emergent care in crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Patient and family education pre and post procedure.
- Assists physicians with procedures, as necessary (i.e., right and left Heart Cath, temporary and permanent Pacemakers, Aortagrams, Cardioversions, Vena Cava Filter Placement, Pericardiocentesis, and Intra-aortic Balloon Placement, Peripheral Angioplasty, Peripheral Stent Placement, Intra-arterial/Venous Infusion Therapy, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention [PCI], Angiojet).
- Assumes responsibility of charging department, as needed. Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Responsible for administration of medication, knowledgeable of actions, indications, contraindications, adverse reactions, dosage and route of all drugs administered.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance Program. Attends annual training sessions.
We offer a generous compensation package including:
- 1-year prior critical care clinical experience required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing; AD or equivalent in Radiological Technology.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current CPR and ACLS certification.
- Demonstrates knowledge of AORN Standards of Practice
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom