We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Chippenham Hospital.
The Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Chippenham offers the highest end technology for patients with cardiovascular disease. Chippenham Hospital has six (6) Cath Labs and we see an average of over 4,000 patients per year
Chippenham Hospital, one of the largest facilities in HCA, provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Registered Nurse in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab is:
- Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
- Functions as a Registered Nurse by role - modeling professional behavior.
- Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse .
- Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff).
- Participates and understands Quality Management activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Promotes cost effective unit operations.
- Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
- C omplies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
- Takes call per departmental policy.
- Operates diagnostic imaging system such as IVUS ; FFR ; X Ray Functions w ithin the scope of nurse.
Required:Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
Preferred: BSN LICENSURE:
Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
Required: Current BLS (AMA)
Required: Current ACLS EXPERIENCE:
Required: Two years of telemetry experience in a high volume unit and successful completion of critical care course class.
Preferred: Any of the following experience as an RN:
- Two years of critical care experience in an ICU / CCU setting
- Two years of experience in a busy Emergency Department
- Two years of Cardiac Catheterization Lab diagnostic and/or interventional
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom