Registered Nurse / RN Cardiovascular ICU / CVICU / ICU Work Schedule: FT Nights Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions.
Delivers professional nursing care to various cardiovascular, neurovascular, pulmonary and other patient populations within the CVICU/ Cardio Vascular Intensive Care Unit. Performs assessments, follows standards of care and disease specific protocols utilizing the Nursing Process in delivery of care. Maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions.
Qualifications: Job Requirements:
- Responsible for delivery of professional nursing care for assigned patients, performs nursing assessments / care plan implementation / implementation of treatment / evaluation of treatment / and discharge planning.
- Coordinates care with interdisciplinary team members and ancillary services.
- Responsible for delegation within scope of practice to provide safe and effective care to patient population; communicates the needs of patients, families and visitors in a professional and timely manner recognizing life threatening signs and symptoms of heart attack, stroke and respiratory distress; integrates behavior standards and AIDET fundamentals of service into all work activities.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners or compact license is accepted.
- Current CPR - healthcare provider, issued by American Heart Association.
- Current ACLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- One Year of previous Intensive Care Unit or Critical Care experience
- Additional experience in area of specialty preferred.
- Strongly prefer basic computer skills to process order entry and retrieve data.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom