Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Intensive Care (CVICU) Full time (0.9) Northwest Medical Center 2801 North State Road 7 Margate FL 33063 Facility Description:
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
Our facility features a state of the art CV Tower and newly expanded 53-bed Emergency Room, the largest in South Florida, providing increased opportunity for professional growth. Northwest Medical Center is also projected to open an additional brand new state of the art 22 bed Critical Care Unit (Stepdown, ICU and CVICU) in 2018.
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
Reporting to the Director you will be facilitating exceptional care for the patients we serve in our 22 bed Critical Care Unit. The CV ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Current FL RN License
BLS and ACLS required
CCRN highly preferred
2-3 years of recent CVICU experience
Passing score of 85% on EKG Competency Exam
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50lb
For more information, please contact :email@example.com
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom