LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Montgomery is located in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University
campus. LGHM is a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital and are considered a 146-bed acute care facility . Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer . Consider being a part of making a difference in our community by joining our facility! Job Duties Include:
- Obtains/maintains department specific competencies for procedures within RN scope in the departments of cardiac rehabilitation, EKG, EEG, and cardiac cath lab
- Performs cardiopulmonary/neurological diagnostic testing, including, but not limited to: exercise and pharmacological stress testing, EEGs, EKGs, tilt tables, and holter/event monitoring.
- Conducts cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation sessions
- Participates in diagnostic testing and therapeutic interventions in cath lab
- Administers/monitors procedural sedation according to policy and procedure
- Responds to staffing needs in other patient care areas as directed.
- Participates in on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed
- Graduation from accredited school of nursing.
- Current license as RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State
- BCLS certification within 90 days. ACLS certification within 6 months.
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing
- Member of a national professional nursing organization
- Specialty certification from a national accrediting organization
- One year cardiology experience in either cath lab or outpatient testing
- Two or more years cardiology experience.