LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Montgomery is located in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University
campus. LGHM is a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital and are considered a 146-bed acute care facility . Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer . Consider being a part of making a difference in our community by joining our facility! Job Duties Include:
- Obtains/maintains department specific competencies for procedures within RN scope in the departments of cardiac rehabilitation, EKG, EEG, and cardiac cath lab
- Performs cardiopulmonary/neurological diagnostic testing, including, but not limited to: exercise and pharmacological stress testing, EEGs, EKGs, tilt tables, and holter/event monitoring.
- Conducts cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation sessions
- Participates in diagnostic testing and therapeutic interventions in cath lab
- Administers/monitors procedural sedation according to policy and procedure
- Responds to staffing needs in other patient care areas as directed.
- Participates in on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed
- Graduation from accredited school of nursing.
- Current license as RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State
- BCLS certification within 90 days. ACLS certification within 6 months.
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing
- Member of a national professional nursing organization
- Specialty certification from a national accrediting organization
- One year cardiology experience in either cath lab or outpatient testing
- Two or more years cardiology experience.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom