General Summary of Responsibilities:
The Telemetry RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Requirements:Current licensure as an RN Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- The Telemetry RN assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- The Telemetry RN serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- The Telemetry RN Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice.
Benefits Include:Paid Time OffMedical, Dental, and Life InsuranceFlexible Spending AccountsDisability Benefits401K Plan with Employer MatchDirect DepositTuition Reimbursementand more!
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom