Houston Northwest Medical Center - Houston, Texas Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager - Utilization Review
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center
has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center operates two urgent care centersHouston Northwest Medical Center i
s currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager - Utilization Review.
- Actively participates in the collaborative program which requires review of patient activities related to medical necessity of hospitalization, appropriateness of length of stay, timely and appropriate utilization of services rendered, and identification of patient needs related to patient care following discharge.
- Facilitates discharge planning efforts to promote timely and safe discharge from the hospital.
- The case manager promotes quality care and cost-effective outcomes to enhance the physical, psychosocial and vocational health of individuals.
- The position encompasses assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating health-related service options throughout the continuum.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current or pending licensure in Texas as an RN.
- Five years professional nursing or social work experience desirable.
- Certification in Case Management desirable.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom