Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) - Full Time Terre Haute Regional Hospital, Terre Haute, IN Terre Haute Regional Hospital
is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. We're more than a hospital, we're a family!
- Awesome educational resources, offering competitive pay, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- Dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services and "In The Process" stage for Level II Trauma Center Designation
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
Regional Hospital is looking for a RN Case Manager
who is a good team-player yet can function independently and be able to float to all departments having Case Management needs .
Candidates must be flexible with schedule to work 8- hour day shifts, weekends and holidays as well as a 24-hour call schedule. Candidates must live within 30 minutes of the facility to be able to meet call requirements. Position summary:
This position identifies medical necessity issues relating to admission and continued stay working with the patient care team to assure plan of care is addressing issues in a timely, cost-effective manner. The Case Manager uses a Case Management model of "collaborative, interdisciplinary process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient's healthcare needs during a phase of acute illness or evaluation" (Core Skills for Hospital Case Managers, Cesta and Cunningham, HCPro, Inc. 2009). Qualifications: Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
Valued but not required educational/licensure, skills and experience:
- Indiana RN license required with 1 to 2 years of nursing experience preferred
- Must have current certification as a BLS healthcare provider
- Knowledge of community resources
- BSN in the State of Indiana
- Certification in Case Management
- Prior experience in Utilization Management, Home Health Care, Nursing Home Management
- Prior experience in insurance/certification review
- Knowledge of Interqual Criteria or Milliman guidelines
- Knowledge of Meditech and MIDAS systems
- CPI Certification a plus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom