Work Schedule: PRN (every other weekend)
Medical Center Denton is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague Counties. At Denton Regional Medical Center we feel that customer service is an important part of every person's job and strive to enhance community health through our service with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Case Management (RN) is r esponsible for oversight of and coordination of care and service delivery of selected patient population across continuum of illness promotion of effective utilization monitoring of resources, leadership role with interdisciplinary team to achieve optional outcomes through the tools of case management. Participates in projects, research and special interest activities to further develop leadership and advance skills. Discharge planning will begin at the time of (and prior to) admission, and reassessed ongoing throughout the course of hospitalization. Quality and Risk Management issues will also be monitored for and reported to the Quality department as part of the Patient Safety Initiative program. This position is specifically accountable for admissions to the assigned area
• Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
• BLS required
• Associates degree required, BSN preferred
• RN with at least 2 or more years clinical experience in acute care environment. UR or case management background, one year preferred. Knowledge of federal and state requirements. Working knowledge of community and governmental resources as well as knowledge of private payer regulations desirable.
• Certification in Case Management preferred
• Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet applications preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom