Centerpoint Medical Center - Independence, MO Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular Lab - FT days (rotating call) Centerpoint Medical Center
features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more. Centerpoint Medical Center
features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women's Services, including aNeonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- Provides direct patient care to the adult patient population.
- Administers medications and performs procedural documentation for all procedures performed in the cardiovascular lab (EP Lab & Cath Lab).
- The RN may acquire abilities for the scrub position (as needed).
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the EP Lab/Cath Lab environment.
- Communicates with the physician continuously and as needed about patient condition.
- Assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness.
- Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Cardiovascular Laboratory team are met.
- Monitors, positions and assists patient during procedure.
- RN Cath Lab experience helpful. We will also consider 2 years of hospital RN ICU, Progressive Care Unit or ED experience for this Cath Lab position.
- Graduate from a school of nursing
- Must hold a current license from the Missouri Board of Nursing.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- RN Cath Lab experience helpful. Will also consider 2 years of RN hospital ICU, PCU or ED experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom