Charge Nurse - Labor & Delivery Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description:
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
With the opening of our brand new, state of the art CV Tower and the future expansion of our Emergency Room which will double our ER in size, there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth. Cardiac services, oncology, neurosurgery and The Spine Institute - these are just a few of the areas in which we excel!
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
- Communicates patient care needs with physicians and plans for appropriate interventions.
- Immediately responds to emergencies or acute changes in the ill neonate or newborn.
- Delegates tasks to personnel based on current competency and patient care needs.
- Acts as resource for Patient Care Technician, Unit Coordinator, Licensed Practical Nurses, and other Registered Nurses and other health care providers.
- Willingly floats to other units in the maternal/child units based on knowledge, skill and ability.
- Demonstrates respect and appreciation through use of effective communications and attitude for all Staff in maternal/child units.
- Attends required Charge Nurse or OB/Pediatric department meetings as directed.
- Assures appropriate responses to data from the cardio/respiratory monitors and pulse oximeters.
- Assures work areas are neat and clean. Participates in unit cleaning as needed.
- Facilitates shift report and makes appropriate nursing staff assignments
- Assures completion of admission assessment according to unit-specific standards.
- Facilitates the support of the breast feeding family, as appropriate.
- Current FL RN License
- BLS and NRP required
- STABLE preferred
- 1-3 years of previous experience in Labor and Delivery
- 2-3 years of Management, Charge, or Supervisor experience
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom