Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Registered Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit (PCU). Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level III emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women's and Children's Center
, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities , opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties - more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region. Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit (PCU).
The 36-bed bed unit is a 24-hour provider of acute, medical care services to adult and geriatric populations with a wide variety of diagnoses including but not limited to, stroke, pneumonia, COPD. This unit also services as a telemetry overflow. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Cardiovascular Intermediate Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responds to Code Blue and implements life-saving measures, per ACLS protocol.
- Interprets EKG rhythm strips, on all telemetry patients.
- Monitors special drugs (i.e., Dopamine, Lidocaine, Dobutrex, and Cardizem) and other cardiac drugs, as per protocol. Assesses patients in an ongoing manner, per protocol.
- Assists physician with procedures, as needed (i.e., thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, and venous access devices). Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patient with telemetry monitoring and/or continuous pulse oximeter.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere. Draws blood from venous lines.
- Models and reinforces behavior consistent with goals for teaching the patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team, and provides support to the family, as needed.
- Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area. Responsible for ensuring Through-Put Plan is enforced and followed.
- Responsible for scanning patient armbands and administering medications via E-MAR.
- Responsible for entering orders via Order Management in computer
- Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified and protocols followed.
- Responsible for maintaining patient safety goals
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing is required.
- 1-year of Medical Surgical RN experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Current Texas or compact state licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- ACLS certification within three months of hire.
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs. Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom