Medical City North Hills
Registered Nurse - RN
Cardiac Care Unit - CCU
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit - CVICU
PRN Medical City North Hills
is an award-winning acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County, located near the corner of NE Loop 820 and Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Our mission is above all else, to serve, to care for, and to assist in the healing of our patients and their families.
The CVICU Registered Nurse
is responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing a critical cardiovascular event which includes MI with or without interventional cardiac procedures, open heart surgery including CAB and Valvular surgery, surgical or invasive repair of the great vessels and peripheral arteries. The RN is a resource person and provides guidance to other licensed as well as non-licensed personnel. The North Hills Hospital staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the adult through geriatric. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency.
- Delivers indirect and direct patient care according to established standards, taking into consideration the age and risk factors of the patient.
- Possesses the knowledge and ability to use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care of the patient.
- Uses nursing judgment in decision-making.
- Acts as patient advocate in meeting his/her physical and psychological needs.
- Provides care to each patient undergoing procedural and surgical interventions in a manner that preserves and protects the patient's autonomy, dignity, and human rights.
- Identifies the patient and confirms informed consent. Ensures that all required contents of the medical record are present preoperatively.
- Assists patient and family with understandable and thorough pre-operative and procedure teaching.
- Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines.
- Provides guidance and supervision for personnel assigned to care for complex, multifaceted patients.
- Maintains CPR and ACLS Certification.
- Maintains or acquires skills on equipment and machinery necessary to complete required responsibilities.
- Documents all records according to established policies and procedures.
- Accesses information/documents on MediTech, maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Participates in the hospital wide Performance Improvement program.
- Participates in Performance Improvement teams to improve processes and patient care.
- Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by PI teams and the hospital wide PI committee.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing.
- Bachelors' Degree in Nursing preferred.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire.
- Specialty Certification preferred.
- Certified in CPR and ACLS.
- Minimum 3 years previous ICU experience required within the past two years, with 1 year of cardiovascular experience.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom