Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center; in collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team. The clinical dialysis RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, delegates, and coordinates the plan of care.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s): Inpatient's that require acute care dialysis treatment.
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for dialysis patients.
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral, neurological and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation, professional development.
- Provides for the processing of patients into and out of the department, and movement of patients to other levels of care.
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the department, such as pain, adaptation, mobility, and outcomes.
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining and meeting JCAHO standards.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
- RN license; Texas or Compact
One year in dialysis setting PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Preferred experience as an RN in Med-Surg
- Certification in Dialysis
- Read and write basic English
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds (with assistance from staff)
- Effective communication skills, both orally and written
- Computer skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom