Houston Northwest Medical Center, Houston, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (ER).
Since 1973, Houston Northwest Medical Center has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women's services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center operates two urgent care centers Houston Northwest Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room (ER). RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the ED Charge Nurse, ED staff, ED providers to ensure appropriate delivery of patient care for a group of patients according to policy and procedure and the standards of care.
- Applies the nursing process to a group of patients. Evaluates outcomes of patient care, consults with other disciplines as required and documents the plan of care and treatment as necessary to ensure optimal service and care to hospital's policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate delivery of patient care for a group of patients according to policy and procedure; assigns and/or delegates patient care assignments to license and non-licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of the patient, staff availability and qualifications.
- Documents and delivers all aspects of patient care efficiently and accurately in the electronic health record. Maintains proper and required documentation in accordance with hospital accreditations for trauma, stroke, STEMI and core measures.
- Demonstrates professional practice/conduct at all times.
- Participates in department process improvement projects. Participates and engaged in improving patient satisfaction.
We offer a generous compensation package including:
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program (A.D.N/B.S.N)
- Current Basic BLS, ACLS, PALS from an AHA provider or ENPC, TNCC.
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas.
- 2-years of ER experience highly desired.
- Ability to interpret basic EKG rhythms within 6 months.
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!