Coliseum Northside is a 103-bed community hospital that specializes in orthopedics, spine care, bariatric surgery and gastric reflux disease. Coliseum Northside Hospital operates a full-service 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, has inpatient and outpatient surgery options, diagnostic services, and an orthopedic and spine center. Through our Georgia Bariatric Center, we provide the latest in weight loss surgery. We also offer outpatient services for sleep disorders, wound healing, as well as radiology and laboratory services. Our comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation center provides speech, occupational and physical therapy and has transportation services provided at no cost to our patients.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as a registered nurse.
2. Demonstrates the ability to perform the technical skills and critical thinking outlined in the performance standards.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theories and practice.
4. Certification of those procedures required.
5. Completion of skills checklist within 90 days of employment.
6. Good interpersonal skills and a diplomatic demeanor.
7. Demonstrates leadership and teaching skills.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, push, pull, lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, reach, crouch, finger, grasp, feel.
2. Must be able to perform CPR.
3. Must have the ability to express ideas by means of the spoken word to others accurately, loudly or quickly.
4. Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 db loss @ Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz with or without correction.
5. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound.
6. Visual acuity to analyze data and figures, including items seen on computer terminals and written pages.
7. Reading required.
8. Takes into consideration age related factors when:
• Delivering direct patient care through the nursing process;
• Guiding and coordinating patient family health teaching.
9. Participates in committees as necessary.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom