Owned by Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Coliseum Medical Centers is a 310 bed facility offering a 24-hour emergency room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services. In addition, CMC breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as the Coliseum Heart Institute, an advanced cardiac center offering all services from non-invasive cardiology to open heart surgery, Coliseum Rehabilitation Center, Coliseum Robotics Institute, Coliseum Cancer Institute, Coliseum Center for Pelvic Health, Coliseum Diabetes Management Center, the Family Ties Birthing Center, which includes a level III neonatal nursery, Coliseum Pulmonary Center, and the Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health provides treatment to adults with psychiatric and addiction issues. The services provided include inpatient and outpatient programs, as well as, a specialty program for senior adults. For more information about Coliseum Medical Centers' services visit www.coliseumhealthsystem.com.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as a registered nurse.
2. Demonstrates the ability to perform the technical skills and critical thinking outlined in the performance standards.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theories and practice.
4. Certification of those procedures required.
5. Completion of skills checklist within 90 days of employment.
6. Good interpersonal skills and a diplomatic demeanor.
7. Demonstrates leadership and teaching skills.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Materials used on job:
2. Computer / Keyboard
3. Photo static copier
Essential Job Functions:
1. Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, push, pull, lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, reach, crouch, finger, grasp, feel.
2. Must be able to perform CPR.
3. Must have the ability to express ideas by means of the spoken word to others accurately, loudly or quickly.
4. Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 db loss @ Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz with or without correction.
5. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound.
6. Visual acuity to analyze data and figures, including items seen on computer terminals and written pages.
7. Reading required.
8. Takes into consideration age related factors when:
• Delivering direct patient care through the nursing process;
• Guiding and coordinating patient family health teaching.
9. Participates in committees as necessary.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom