Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department- (ED)
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane
has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center
, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
• A safe place to work.
• Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
• Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
• A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
• Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
The Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of patient care. S/he utilizes the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care and staff development.Qualifications:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana Licensure as a Registered Nurse, ACLS and PALS Certification required within 1 year of employment for assignment in Emergency department. Current CPR certification required. TNCC within 6 months of hire or moving into ED. Crisis Prevention within 4 months of hire.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school preparing Registered Nurses.
- Experience: One year in area of practice preferred by not required.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both oral and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Hours of work: Shift assignments may vary.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom