HCA - Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, is in search for an experience Registered Nurse (RN)
to join our Float Pool!
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care. To provide VSP staff available to do admissions/discharges to decrease patients being held in the ED and/or to staff floors during high census as well as covering for illness, leaves, or vacations.Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS required prior to hire
- ACLS within 90 days of hire required
- CPI required within 90 days of hire
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Acute care experience preferred
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom