Registered Nurse - RN Psychiatric Services Behavioral Health Geriatric Psych - Geri Psych Full Time - FT Days - Rotating Weekends Sign-on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions. Medical City North Hills
is an award-winning acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County, located near the corner of NE Loop 820 and Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Our mission is above all else, to serve, to care for, and to assist in the healing of our patients and their families.
Utilizing the standards set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, the Geri Psych Registered Nurse
will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for psychiatric patients. The plan of care will focus on individualized assessment/treatment, crisis stabilization, patient/family needs, holistic and supportive care.
- Directs and supervises licensed and unlicensed personnel in performance of their duties
- Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery and supervision of patient care
- Assesses the patients for psychosocial and educational needs
- Develops a treatment plan addressing the psychosocial and educational needs of the patient, and revises the plan as needed
- Communicates with physicians and other team members regarding progress and needs of patients
- Intervenes with patients as guided by the treatment plan or clinical judgment
- Collaborates with team members in development and implementation of milieu activities
- Educates patients in medications, illness and other health needs
- Administers and documents medications
- Evaluates and documents patient responses
- Participates in team meetings and Quality Improvement activities
- Must be able to demonstrate competence on use of SAMA and other restraint and seclusion techniques
- Performs assessment, screening, and interventions regarding pain management
- Follows through with tasks/problems and gives feedback as needed.
- Contributes to the learning of new employees, students and other personnel.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire.
- Current CPR and SAMA certification is required or to be obtained during orientation.
- Experience or education with a focus on crisis stabilization, age specific needs, and/or knowledge of chronic mental illness and chemical dependency is preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom