TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - Sarah Cannon Cancer Center - 3 North - Hematology/BMT -- FT Nights
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! 3 North - Hematology/BMT
is an acute care unit that provides care for adult and geriatric medical oncology, hematologic-oncology, and pre-/post-autologous blood and marrow transplantations patients. The Emergency Department, PACU, Physicians' Offices, Critical Care Units and Patient Registration are all entry points for patients admitted.
Centennial Medical Center
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Management of patients with radiation implants
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of central venous access devices
- Management of spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration.
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy
- Management of neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Pain Management
- Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Bone marrow harvest recovery
- Telemetry monitoring
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - 3 North - Hematology/BMT. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification (Other certifications as required per Provision of Care for area of employment).
*Bonus-eligible candidate will have at least one year of RN experience and may not be current employee of HCA.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom