Citrus Memorial Hospital - Registered Nurse - RN - House Supervisor
Are you looking for advance your current Registered Nurse career? Become part of an awarding team of Registered Nurse here in the Medical Surgical department at Citrus Memorial Hospital. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our supervisor team. This Registered Nurse position is a PRN position for a Registered Nurse. We have a dynamic team of Registered Nurse on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Registered Nurse to the team. Our team of Registered Nurse take pride in nursing. Become a part of our team of Registered Nurse today.
The Registered Nurse Supervisor-Nursing/Administration will supervise and coordinate the operational and personnel activities throughout the facility. The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration will act as an administrative liaison for all departments for the defined shift for which he/she is responsible. The Supervisor recognizes that each patient is an individual to be treated with dignity and respect, and is also committed to being responsive to the needs of the patient's family or significant other.
The Supervisor-Nursing/Administration combines the knowledge bases of nursing and management to make decisions and or recommendation relative to:
• The delivery of responsive quality patient care based on the nursing process
• The assessment of unit staffing needs and the appropriate placement of nursing personnel.
• The serving as a resource person and role model for all personnel.
• The communication of identified problem situations to the Director of Nursing Services.
• To promote continuity of hospital operations through the interpretation and enforcement of hospital policies and procedures.
• Meets with patients, family members and other customers to discuss concerns and unmet needs. Coordinates the response.
• Manages the resolution of issues that arise during the course of the shift.
• Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital Administrator.
• Determines need to contact Administrator on Call.
• Evaluates issues and identifies trends.
• Communicates trends to hospital leadership and collaborates on problem solving to address trended issues.
• Serves as the leader of the hospital safety plan in the absence of hospital administrators and other leaders.
• Includes coordinating the response to reported incidents including employee injuries.
• Monitors and evaluates clinical standards within the Hospital.
• Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given. Citrus Memorial Hospital
Over the years, Citrus Memorial has seen a lot of growth. What started as a small hospital began to grow in the 1970s when a bed tower was added to the facility. After that addition, a boom began. A second bed tower, medical office building and primary care offices throughout the county were built. Two walk-in clinics, multiple rehabilitation centers and several laboratory collection centers later - Citrus Memorial has become the second largest employer in Citrus County and a beacon of hope for our community.
Celebrating more than a 50 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. More than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees at the 198-bed acute care hospital offer a wide range of services including 24-hour emergency room care, heart and vascular surgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, and women's services. Citrus Memorial is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is fully licensed by the State of Florida. Today, Citrus Memorial Hospital includes:
• A 204-bed acute care hospital
• Heart and Vascular Center
• Orthopedic & Spine Center of Excellence
• Surgical Services
• 24-hour Emergency Room Care
• Women & Baby Center
• Primary Stroke Center
• Diagnostic Imaging
• Laboratory Services
• Rehabilitation Services
• Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center
• Our Mission
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost effective health care in the community we serve.
As Florida's largest health care provider, HCA is dedicated to providing quality care and improving the health of the diverse communities we serve. In keeping with this commitment, we work in partnership with other organizations to provide a wide range of community benefit programs and services.
Make excellence your goal by joining our team of Registered Nurse and family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.comQualifications: Requirements:
- Current licensure as an RN or ARNP in the State of Florida.
- Current certification as a BLS through the American Heart Association required. ACLS and PALS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association desired. National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification also required...available online, free of charge, at www.strokeassociation.org .
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Basic knowledge of main functional areas within the Hospital.
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience in clinical nursing within hospital environment preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom