Parkridge East Hospital - Chattanooga, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
A facility of Parkridge Medical Center, 128-bed Parkridge East Hospital in East Ridge provides a full range of medical surgical services such as orthopedics and robotic surgery in addition to the obstetrical programs and women's services for which the hospital is best known. The Birth Place, a department of Parkridge East Hospital, includes a 22-bassinet Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery and beautiful Labor and Delivery suites. The hospital also features a 24-hour Emergency Department and advanced imaging services.
Parkridge East Hospital offers different types of inpatient care to ensure appropriate treatment and monitoring of patients based on their needs. Our facility is committed to individualized, highly skilled care for medical illnesses. The hospital utilizes 24-hour Hospitalist Services with board-certified physicians dedicated to the care of hospitalized patients. For more specialized treatment, the hospital features an intensive care unit (ICU) to meet adult critical care needs. Parkridge East
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU). PRN
Must be committed to work between 5 - 10 shifts in a 4 week schedule and have 1-2 years of experience in critical care. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served
- Promotes customer service initiatives along with Parkridge Medical Center Service Values (HCAHPS)
- All behaviors fully support positive customer service (HCAHPS)
- Documents all patient care timely and in accordance with hospital policy
- Utilized Nursing Process for individual care to meet needs of patients
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care, records, actions and patient response in Meditech
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Maintains responsibility for patients assigned to LPN or Nurse Technician staff, directs actives of the LPN or Nurse Technician staff within their scope of practice.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Promotes compliance with National Patient Safety Goals
- State of Tennessee Registered Nurse required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- PALS within 6 months.
- Graduate of an accredited RN Program.
- Current ICU experience required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom