Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe, TX Registered Nurse (RN) - Interventional Radiology (IR)
Shift: PRN, Call required Conroe Regional Medical Center
, where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have been meeting the healthcare needs of the Montgomery County region for more than 75 years.
As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals rely on us when a higher level of care is necessary. We have 342 beds, 1,200 employees, more than 400 physicians on staff, and the resources of the largest healthcare provider in the nation - HCA.
Conroe Regional Medical Center has achieved recognition as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and designation as a Level II Trauma facility. CRMC also has a Level III Neonatal ICU for the most vulnerable patients.Conroe Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Interventional Radiology (IR). Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Manager, the Interventional Radiology Supervisor and the hospital nursing policies the Interventional Radiology Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients upon admission to the department.
- The nurse's purpose is to assist and support the patient so that imaging procedures can be performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- To accomplish this, the Interventional Radiology Nurse is required to assist in all aspects of the procedure except for the use of radiation producing equipment.
- The Interventional Radiology Supervisor is responsible for providing the nurse with appropriate orientation and training in the radiation safety aspects of the imaging equipment they must work with.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse is also responsible for the maintenance and security of the Department's medication supply, monitoring of patients receiving conscious sedation, and keeping appropriate medical records relating to patient care.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse will provide all imaging personnel with in-service education and training relating to patient care and patient care devices.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse will actively communicate with physicians, nursing units, and family members concerning the patient's well-being, exam status and care, and will perform appropriate patient teaching as needed.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse will actively communicate, cooperate with, and assist other nurses.
- The Interventional Radiology Nurse's patient care skills are subject to the policies and procedures of the hospital nursing service. Responsible on-call participation is required for this position.
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse or an approved compact state as a Registered Nurse.
- Graduate form an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification